Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It seems like time goes so much faster these 2 days of the week...must be all the fun we have!!! Anyhow...Happy Monday!

Our weekend flew by! It was definitely one of the busiest weekends we have had in a while. Friday night was good..not a whole lot going on. We actually spent the night searching for a weed-eater to borrow. Finally, we found one before it got too late because we had to hit the bed early since KeKe had to be up bright & early Saturday.

My mom's church went to a girls jamboree on Saturday and so she picked up KeKe around 6:15. KeKe is not a "morning" person. Thankfully, she cooperated and got dressed and ready without much fuss. It made me think about how fast she is growing up. Kinda sad but that's life. A few hours after she left, my in-laws came over and then we went to lunch with them. We talked about everything that's been going on with my mother-in-law's health. We believe she has had another stroke and so the doctors increased her meds again to help keep the swelling down on her tumor. I still wish they could do surgery but it's too dangerous. I pray that the chemo and radiation pills will help her get well one day. I think about how sad it would be for KeKe to lose a grandparent at such a young age. I am almost 31 and thankfully, I still have all my grandparents. I hope she can keep hers til she is older too. After my DH & I got home, we realized we forgot about my cousins birthday party so we had to rush back out the door and go to that. When we got home, my DH had to hurry to get ready to leave for his wrestling show. I was going to go but I knew KeKe would be coming home so I waited for her. When she finally got home, we went to Wal-Mart and then grabbed dinner. The rest of our night was spent playing music and playing games and her prancing around in my high heel shoes. lol she is such a "tomboyish princess".

Sunday came fast!!! KeKe slept til 11am...I am sure she was exhausted from her church day camp on Sat so I let her sleep. She woke up in a great mood again!!! Hmmm, what is going on?! My DH & I made waffles for breakfast, then we decided it was time to go cut grass. DH jumped on to outline our yard from the neighbors and well....the tire on the left back came off the rim. DH surprised me and fixed it!!! Gosh, I need to give him the "Husband of the day" award. He isn't much on fixing things like most men so I made a huge deal out of this and repeatedly told him how proud I am of him for fixing it. Normally, he would leave it for another day or pay someone to fix it. I was very IMPRESSED. So, then I jumped on the riding lawnmower to cut the grass while he ran the weed-eater. KeKe played on her swing set...and guess what....
SHE CAN SWING ALL BY HERSELF!!!!
I am so proud of her too. My little girl is getting so big so fast. After the yard was done, we showered and took the weed-eater back to our friend. Then we rode around town and grabbed lunch at Sonic. KeKe enjoyed herself a "slush-ly", as she calls it! So cute!!! Afterwards, we came home and played & cuddled with KeKe and had us some family time.

It was such a wonderful weekend even though it was sooooo busy. I took a few pics so I will have to post them. We all need time like this to spend with our family and just enjoy the days together, although I am at work right now and so wish I could be at home with KeKe. I am still working on a solution for that. Thanks for stopping by to read about our weekend.

2 comments:

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It sounds like a perfectly perfect weekend to me! Mine was great too.
One day you will own your own weedeater...I went for years without those things but I have them now and it's great. Friends that have tools and are generous are just wonderful to have.
You sound happy!

Katrina said...

Thanks so much Mona for leaving at comment! We will have to buy one soon but til then...it is great to have wonderful friends to loan you theirs. I am glad you had a great weekend too.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers