Monday, December 28, 2009

Life these days...

My life these days (or should I say the past few months) have been so extremely busy. Not only did my personal life start to have problems but the Holidays were sneaking up on me. Then, tragedy struck across North Carolina and began to make me think twice about every move I made.

From a few days before Thanksgiving til the past week or so, North Carolina had over 20 deaths from car accidents. One struck semi-close to home (my husband's cousin and her 2 small children were killed the night before Thanksgiving) and it has made me think more carefully about the value of time with my daughter, the mindset you need on the roads, watching every car that is driving towards me, I find myself looking through intersections as I drive through them...it has just made me become scared of driving. I think being scared is a good thing, especially since most people on the roads are in a hurry and just careless, and I do know sometimes sad accidents happen for no rhyme or reason! Please cherish your time with friends/family, because you NEVER know when they may be taken from you. We just are not ever guaranteed to see tomorrow. Hug, kiss, and love your children.

Anyway, now that Christmas is over, I am praying that my mind will slowly return to normal. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours went by pretty well. We had family over on Christmas Eve for dinner, we spent the majority of Christmas day at home and had dinner at my in-laws, then on Sat. night we went to my aunt's for dinner. I also had a 2nd cousin that was born on Dec. 14th and I finally got to meet her on Sat. night. KeKe got tons of gifts and I passed out lots of Amish Friendship Bread starters (that is some yummy bread).

As New Year's comes closer....wow, only 4 days away now, I am making a list of New Year Resolutions. The 1st thing on my list is...........eat healthier! I am planning on cutting out most of our red meat which will leave us with chicken, turkey and fish. So, I am also looking for delicious and healthy recipes for those 3 meats. I really want to cut out fried foods if possible but down here in the south, that might be a hard one! :-) If you have any you would like to share, please pass them along and please have a safe New Year's!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Janet said...

My New Year's resolution - 2010 is going to be great! I don't have to worry about breaking it, because this resolution is just going to happen, period!

Aunt Janet

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers