Friday, September 25, 2009

How safe are our schools???

How safe are our schools for our children? How are our schools protecting our children?

Over the past few weeks, I have been wondering about the 2 above questions. My concern comes not just for my own daughter who will be starting in 2 years but for all children that attend public schools. I know everyone has an opinion on public schools but this is what my opinions are...feel free to share yours!

1. How safe are our schools for our children? My opinion is that after reading this article http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090925/ap_on_re_us/us_toxic_water_schools , that our schools are not safe for our children. Where are the state taxes used when this is happening? I mean here in NC we pay tons of taxes for everything and then to read this, I just wonder why the government officials are paid so much when our children are gonna suffer from drinking school water! This is so sad!

2. How are our schools protecting our children? This question is because of the Swine flu. Two weeks ago, 3 girls in our subdivision came over to sell fundraisers for the elementary school. One week later, 1 girl is in the hospital with a fever that wouldn't go down due to having the swine flu and 2 days after that, another girl came down with the swine flu. My deal with this is that those 3 girls whom are friends with my daughter, came into my home...during which time they possibly had already came contracted the virus, since it takes a week for symptoms to appear. Why are our schools sending children out when there is the Swine flu epidemic out there? Do they not understand that the children are going to homes and can pass the virus to their neighbors or even that the children going around to these home selling the fundraiser, that the children can come in contact with someone that has the virus. HELLO???

What is wrong with our public schools? Is our children's health worth risking over MONEY!? It really makes me upset. I have come so close to calling my local school board and fussing them out over this. It is not worth my daughter's health to give the schools money for a fundraiser! Yes, I understand they need to make money, but right now is not the time for fundraisers in my opinion!

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers